Sunday 1 October 2017

100 Days - can you believe it?

My post on a private Facebook group I am on...
Hi guys, I'm Kate ๐Ÿ˜Š
Im a 44 year old single mum, teacher and all round crazy girl ๐Ÿ˜œ. I don't post much but love this group. I'm excited about telling my story now that I'm finally celebrating 100 days sober. For me it was an arduous journey, many slip ups and loads of self discovery. It's also rather lonely. I wish I could yell from the roof tops but most people think I've been sober for over a year. I secretly drank a fair bit after that. It wasn't until June 25 that I finally said that's it I don't want to drink anymore and then - I never slipped up again. I made a huge commitment to myself and my daughter that I would never drink again and to celebrate that I inked myself. Check out my first tattoo ๐Ÿ˜…. If you are into hip sobriety you will know what the T's stand for. It's huge and I'm glad I did it. Teetotaller- Pretty extreme but very meaningful. I won't be sharing it though except for here and on my blog via This Naked Mind. Not sure what I'm going to say to my class but I'll make something up. Thanks for being in this group and Being a part of my share. Well done those winning and hugs and comfort to you gals that need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment