Monday 9 April 2012

Confessions from the Alco within.

There’s so much you can do to control your own health destiny and steer it in the right direction.  Why would you want anything less than the best for yourself?  It starts with believing that your body is, indeed, a sacred temple, worthy of worship and the utmost respect. So, how do you begin? By being an active participant in your wellbeing, rather than just a bystander!  

It makes sense and I often sit back after I have treated my body with less than the respect it deserves scratching my head.  Why do I do things that are not the greatest for me?  Yes, I know we are only human but it is really befuddling me as to why I would do mean things to myself.  Kids are making me angry, stuff my face or even worse, down a bottle of wine.  I am not going to beat myself up further about the minor slip ups that came my way this Easter weekend but I am going to do my damnedest to ensure they do not happen again or at least be more armed to avoid it.  I so wanted to indulge in some wine (Boozy Brain has been yelling loud and clear convincingly) but it really was not all I should been. I drank it like a woman possessed and although loved it for a few moments, the after math was pitiful.  My tormented mind will be the death of me ----- NO ! I refuse to let this beat me.  Okay two and a half bottles of wine drunk this weekend ( last Easter it would have been at least 8).  Come on, I did not drink at my buddies 50th party and I got up and exercised and kicked on and only managed to fall down in private.  In fact the only one that really knows what I have done is me as I kept it to myself and only indulged behind closed doors.  Such pitiful behaviour but tomorrow is a new day.  I drank beautiful green tea this evening and it gave me WAAAY more pleasure than the wine I gulped down obsessively last night.  What was I thinking.

Well I am writing this to help myself and show my dedication for beating my demon within.   I have done sooooo much better than I could have ever imagined and I did it alone.  I have kicked the habitual boozy habit for good and I know my slip ups could mean I slip up even further but only when I listen to the Boozy Brain.  He is going to try and get me this week but I refuse to let him win.

No comments:

Post a Comment