Thursday 2 February 2017

Getting a bit personal

Deborah and I are going to a workshop in a few days that promises to help us live a little more Optimally.  Sounds great and I am excited about what I will gain from it.  As I plod through this life I have got to take stock sometimes and stop being so hard on myself.  So as part of the course we were asked some pretty personal questions.

Here are my responses.

Q1: What are your 3 biggest day to day challenges?
1.  Managing my mental health whilst
2.  balancing being a good enough single mum and
3.  performing well in new job (back to classroom full-time primary school teaching)
Q2: As of today, where on a scale of 1 (Extremely Poor) to 10 (Amazing) do you rate each of the below areas of your life?

Emotional:   5
Spiritual:      5
Health:         7
Relationships:   4
Career:       8
Financial:     5

Q3: Have the above numbers improved or declined significantly in the past 6 months? If so which areas?
Most are relatively the same mainly due to my inertia and inability to move on in my life and feeling overwhelmed by everything I need to do to improve my life for myself and my kids.

Q4: What words would you use to describe yourself?
Energetic, Funny, Reflective, Intelligent and Intense


Q5: What are your long-term life goals?

I had to think a lot about this as I probably haven’t spent a lot of time defining my life time goals lately.  This is a big question now that my life has changed so much.  I did not see myself being 43 and divorced.  When I was in my 20’s I had vision, when I was in my 30’s I had it all figured out and I was on fire, my forties have been a mess. 

I feel like I am going back to thinking like I did in my 20’s but then I realize how far I have come. 
So new goals look like this

1.  Help and support my children grow into the best adults they can be
2.   meet someone to share my life with,
3.  buy a house (again)
4.  find work that supports me all many wondrous facets
5.   start up a business (inspirational retreat venue for creativity, movement and personal reflection),


Q6: What does a Happy & Successful life look like to you?

Off the top of me head ;)
Me living a gentle life that supports who I am (when I find her again), smiling and inspiring with a joyful whole hearted approach to all my physical, creative and intellectual endeavours.




No comments:

Post a Comment