Sunday 20 November 2011

Interesting Times

Well here we are in what Michelle is calling the sprint to the finish but for me, I am only just beginning.  I have finally developed a positive attitude to eating right for my body and am being rewarded by a better body, a stronger mind and all the things that come with losing "nearly" 10kg.  I have had so many times where I thought I would just give up and enjoy being a larger version of myself but listening to others journeys and taking time to reflect has taught me so much about who I am and what I want from my life.  I want to put healthy things in my mouth and I looove feeling stronger and faster and moving with more vitality.   This can only happen if I am a smaller person in the healthy weight range. 

  The rebel in me is a force to be reckoned with and is rearing her ugly head everyday but if I can keep her at bay for even 95% of the time then I am being a pretty darn good version of me.  I reaallly have to work on killing that demon voice inside my head but for now she is quiet and I am not going to let her win.  Not anymore.  I accept her presence and just keep remembering that she is not ALL of me just that yucky part we humans all have. 

I am really loving this experience and I am pleased with my results.  I am not going to spend too much time reflecting on how I could have done better because I did well enough.  I blame evil me for the crappy days and the too much wine consumption but resolve to live another day trying to keep the good me alive.  Isn't it funny how we have these battles?  I sooooo wish it didn't have to be this way but for now I am managing it and that will have to do.  It is a lot easier than it was even 4 weeks ago so that is great.

So I am sprinting to the finish line with a hope that I can lose these 2kg which will see me hit 79 point something.  I am sure I can do it and looking at the two weeks I have planned the universe is positioning me in a great place to do it.  Fingers crossed.  I am so close to the 70's I can hear them calling me.  I'm coming.....

No comments:

Post a Comment