Sunday 6 November 2011

Moving on from failures

When you realise you have failed at something how do you move forward with gusto?  I have thought about my failures lately and can't help but feel a little hutched over and bumbed.  If you want to think about it, at any given time we are failing.  Right now I am failing to get the wash in, failing to tell the dog to be quiet and failing to speak postively.  Yes today I failed to count the calories I consumed at lunch, failed to go that extra mile in my training and failed to drink enough water.  WHAT A FAILURE I AM.  I tried to think what Buddha would do in this situation and what would he say and I came up with the thought... move on and live the next moment as if for the first time.  You are only what you are NOW in this moment, not the last moment and not the next moment but now.  Right now I am reflecting on something to help the nasty voice inside my head be quiet, I am not doing the washing because I am here now reflecting.  AHHH, it is all about this moment.  Right now I am failing to feed starving children, failing to be outside and failing to speak to a friend.  So what, all that has nothing to do with this moment and what you are doing now.  What does matter is what I am doing now and for what its worth, I like it.  It feel nice, it feels right and I think has helped me.  At least for this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment