Friday 2 March 2012

Being Alcohol Free

It is the end of Week 3 and I am feeling rather trippy namely because I have contracted a virus that has my head spinning and everything feeling rather out of wack. This is usually when I down copious amount of red wine to feel better, but not this time :)! I have never felt so sleepy and feeling a bit bumbed that I am not relishing in my health and vitality at the moment. Ah well! Just have to ride the wave.

 It is time for me to take stock of things AGAIN as I come to the end FEB FAST, I managed to enjoy a WHOLE month without drinking a drop of alcohol. My last drink was Jan 28!!! I seriously do not know myself right now as I plod through my clear life without my old pal alcohol by my side. I love being free and I know I want to continue but man for some reason I have reached a block. My sister in law said something to me one boozy night and I have chosen to hold on to it. It went something like... It will be easy for you to go through February because you will have the incentive that people are supporting you to do it but what are you going to do after that? For some reason Boozy Brain is yelling this in my head. What is your incentive now? Clear Kate is not having a bar of Boozy Brain and knows life is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better without using alcohol to numb my feelings, give me courage or make me happy. The incentive is a happier, healthier, proud and self satisfied woman Boozy Brain, now go away and leave me alone.

 March is a month I am dedicating to loving and appreciating all that is my wonderous life.

Right now although I am feeling rather blah I am most grateful for being alive in my strong body surrounded by people who love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment