Sunday 19 February 2012

There is no TRY, only DO or DO NOT!

Happy Monday Everyone!
I have often been one of those people who says, "I am going to try and do more of this or less of that".  "I am going to try and write in my journal everyday" or "I am going to try to eat less sugar".  Who am I kidding?  Try is such a loose and weak word.  I am reminded of what Yoda said to Luke when he was learning about using the force.  There is no TRY, only do or do not!  I have had great success when I said I DO NOT DRINK!  Prior to this statement I often said, I am going to TRY to drink less or TRY to have alcohol free days.  No wonder I failed.  Once the statement is strong and certain it is so much easier to be your word.  Try is a cop out because you can always say, "at least I tried".  But where does trying leave you?  Still a little wiser but what about if you JUST DO IT!  Ha!  There it is again.  What have you got to say for yourself?


I will DO my journal writing every day.  I DO NOT eat sultanas in the afternoon for a pick me up.  I DO set goals and visit them often.  I DO yoga often (I always used to say I will try and do more yoga).  F**k the TRY.  I will lose that word from my vocabulary.


AHA moment!!! As I am often learning the things I need to do are so simple.  I should write a book about it.  Here are three lessons I have learnt off the top of my head.


Lesson 1
Be Kate and Be my Word
Lesson 2
Know where I want to go
Lesson  3
Do or Do not, there is no TRY!

Hi to all my Blog Hopping friends.  Sorry this was a little late.  I needed focused time to get it done without "someone" always looking over my shoulder.
This is my second attempt at blog hopping.   Thanks to Kate from Kate says and Natalie from Mummy smiles for keeping up the fun!  Loving your work!

2 comments:

  1. Loving your lessons Kate. Particularly the first part of No. 1. Please, please, please tell me how you did it. Finding the authentic "me" is a real struggle.

    Have a great week 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Kate!!

    I will run and I will Shred and I will be strong!

    And so will you :)

    ReplyDelete