Thursday 13 October 2011


So here I am into this 5th week of my transformation and although slow and steady on the outside, I think I am going along in leaps and bounds in the inside.  Took my dad out for dinner tonight and didn't really think about what my game plan was or anything but made some good choices, ate a few chips off Lani's plate (smack on the wrist) but that was okay, only ate a quarter of my dinner and here's the big thing....I did not drink anything but water.  I sort of wanted to cos that is what you do for birthday celebrations but really didn't want to and so said to dad that I could take or leave the drinking and he enjoyed a light beer and a stimulating discussion with his daughter.  Man I have come a long way.

One thing I thought I would like to reflect on is why I do things 90% right and just not get that last 10% sorted to get over the line?  I am reminded of my first half marathon.  I ran so well until about 17k and then gave up and waddled the final 4k even though my body wanted to do it my mind just stopped me.  I never knew what was happening then but I wonder why I get like that sometimes?  My current 10% issue is snacking on sultanas and dates to the point of blowing out my calorie intake for the day.  I hear a voice jibbering on about how I was way worse before and that a few sultanas won't hurt and think about how much you were consuming, surely it won't make a difference..,  come on you so want something sweet, what harm can a sultana or 50 do.  Well I know they have about 150 calories per 45g and that is probably how many I just ate!! What a waste of calories, I may as well go and have a glass of wine.  Kidding!  Oh I am sick of finding ways to beat myself up.  Damn you sultanas.  Oh please someone help me find the answer to how I give 100 percent. Kate find the strength within to succeed and beat this demon once and for all.

Thanks to reading Angelas little blog I am humbled to remind myself that one step forward is all you need to get there. 

I also need to put my little Leunig poem in here as well.  All about how to get there...

No comments:

Post a Comment