Monday 26 May 2014

My body is a barometer to my soul


Well here I am still going strong.  No drinking for me!! One big thing that is making it so easy is that I am such a better me when my life is not impaired with wine.  Now all those things I have been ignoring are coming to the surface. Anyone else find that? It is not just obvious stuff like how bad my nutrition was, how I handled the kids, how I presented myself and what sort of relationship I had with my hubby. There are other things like,  I am far more aware of the mess in the house, I have noticed many things I have only got kinda got right at work, I have ignored many family things and my body is sore, inflexible and out of wack.  I have neglected my yoga and man I am so stiff.  Yoga was so good for helping me stay in check with myself and really helped become a barometer to my soul. I did a stretch class the other day and I can't even to touch  my toes. I was a mess and i think i am going to use it as the impettious for a further over haul . I really think that handling my life stuff is going to start with paying attention to my body.  So now that I'm sober it's time to connect with my body and nurture my soul through yoga and hopefully the other stuff will flow from there. It may seem petty but amazing things can happen on the mat. I'm off to face the music now.

No comments:

Post a Comment