Monday 19 September 2011

Mindfulness - beating the negative thoughts and actions


So I am thinking about mindfulness today and how helpful it can be in this journey to beat my battle with food.  I checked out my mind today and man was it full of some mess and didn't that mess up everything.  My interactions with my kids, my resolve to eat clean, my mood, my facial expressions and concentration and tiredness levels.  I seriouly saw myself (as if from above) go to the kitchen and attempt to find relief in some Kraft FREE cheese and grissini sticks.  I ate to seek comfort, OMG!   I never knew that negative thoughts could be so destructive.  What I "should" have done, (here comes the shoulda, coulda, woulda didn't's;) was observed my flow of negative thoughts with a non-judgemental attitude feeling grateful my kids are relatively healthy and nice, forgiving them for their blatant disregard for my clean house and hugging them as if for the first time.  Oh the perfect world, is this a place we can inhabit?  Well on the flip side I didn't drink and my biggest splurge was a HUGE handful of sultanas.

No comments:

Post a Comment