Thursday 8 September 2011

The word "fat"

Oh god I am 1kg into the obese range. I am OBESE. I read this article in search of whether it is helpful to refer to myself as fat  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10789553. It reckons that saying we are fat makes it more personal.  I have to say I feel happier referring to myself as FAT as opposed to OBESE.  Okay  I am not going to be OBESE for long as I only have to lose a kilo to get back in the OVERWEIGHT category.  Either way I am Fat and I am okay with that.  I really am.    I am not sure whether my scales are accurate because the children threw them in the bath the other day but this is serious business.  I am OBESE.  I am going to make an appointment to get my measurements done at the gym.  I have been so scared to face the reality of my lardiness but I have to do this now.  I have told people now.  It is time.

No comments:

Post a Comment