Thursday 1 August 2013

Find what I am lacking to seek comfort

I drank to find comfort in something I was lacking. They say that a sincere desire to stop drinking is the first step towards the road to recovery and I think that is why I am doing so well so far.  I have finally decided I really do not want alcohol in my life anymore.  This is HUGE. This picture depicts exactly how I have been feeling about wine. I have been trapped inside the bottle thinking I can be safe inside from all that is outside it.  I drank instead of feeling the yucky feelings, I drank to feel closer to people, I drank to feel happy, to be more productive and most of all I drank cos I liked how it felt.  Reality Bites but as I am learning it is not like the wine takes the bite away.  It just numbs the pain.  The bite is still there and instead of being a calm, sober and rationale being you are a clouded, high, intoxicated being.  GEEz, I have really found my way out.  We as a nation do have a problem because my thoughts are not the norm.  I only have to look outside the door and I will be given permission in some form or fashion to drink. Even though they are very rationale, they are not what people think.  Hell just tonight I here personal trainers offering alcoholic prizes for participants to name their boot camp.  In another instance if you introduce people to the gym you get two bottles of wine.  Did you know that if you have a Citibank card you get free wine at many restaurants?  We are surrounded by wine, I say wine cos that is what I notice but it really is everything.  People are angry at some politician because he has decided to tax beer and cigarettes more and people get angry saying we should leave them alone it may be all they have.  Maybe we need to be on a mission to find more for these people.  Why is alcohol such a scapegoat and friend to many?  So as I have found myself saying many times.  If it is meant to be, it is up to me.  It is time!

No comments:

Post a Comment