Friday 7 December 2012

Blogging instead of cleaning!

I am going to start off saying I am doing well with the No Wining.  I felt like I was aligned with something yesterday cos look what Michelle wrote on her facebook page...
"Melissa asked how many burpees a glass of wine is worth, sooo I put my team to the test... A glass of wine is about 120 calories, so I got three of my Support Crew members to use a heart rate monitor to count the number of burpees it took to burn 120 calories. They ranged from 150 to 261 burpees... What do you think? Is a glass of wine worth at least 150 burpees?"

Anyone else feeling a little slow and sluggish today?  I am buggered!  I have so much house cleaning to do and I have spent the past hour playing the on computer, forums and reading/writing blogs.  Who would have thought that 12wbt could be such a time waster?  Well lets not call it time wasting as I am sure I am getting something from it, but probably not as much as the pleasure of a clean and orderly house.  I really love connecting with people and find the whole writing thing so therapeutic.  However I have yet to do my workout and have semi decided I am too buggered to do it and need to save myself up for my long run tomorrow.  I ran yesterday like I had bricks in my shoes.  I was so sniff.  Sometimes I wonder what I am getting wrong to have that sort of feeling but I know it could be so many things.
1.  Not enough of the right kind of foods (bit limited in carbs yesterday)
2. Medication getting the better of me
3. A long demanding day taking the puff out of me (except some long days I get home feeling great, then go out running and come home feeling amazing)
4. A huge one is DEHYDRATION - I wish I had a way to check my level cos I am sure if I had been a bit more vigilant with water drinking yesterday that may have helped.
5. Overly sore from previous days workouts.
6.  Tiredness

Who knows but I know dragging my butt out yesterday afternoon was sooooooo hard and the run was hilariously difficult.  My poor energetic buddy was shocked as it is rare to see me in that state and she was held back by my clunking shuffling movements.  Ah well.  I want to feel better tomorrow.  Maybe what Ill do is work hard, get the house clean and then do Body Balance this afternoon as a compromise.  Yes no Super Saturday but I have done some Super workouts this week so that is okay. Decision made.  Now I better get to it.  Better get to it. Chop Chop!

2 comments:

  1. Kate - I have just found you from your comment on my blog... and OMG, how have we not found each other before now? I haven't posted this publicly yet (but will) but I also have bipolar, and am doing this round of 12wbt wine and cider free (with an exception for Christmas, and the ability to be kind to myself if it doesn't quite work out) - plus we have so many more parallels. Looking forward to more from you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate - found you through the 70s to 60s section on the 12wbt forums! Enjoying your blog so far - love your honesty and the wine issues :-) Now I can go waste some more time reading through it instead of cleaning up (at least I've done my workout today).

    ReplyDelete